Hey there! I'm currently working on a CLI tool to deploy WordPress apps to DigitalOcean. Check it out! It's free and open source.
Minimal Georgia for WordPress was introduced a couple of weeks ago, and today there’s over 2000 downloads! I know this doesn’t mean that all 2000 are using the theme, but they at least had a look, which is okay for my first ever WordPress theme ;)
The new (1.4.1) version has got some major updates and improvements. The most exciting are definitely post formats (audio, video, gallery, image, quote, link, status and chat) and drop-down menus!
Yeah, I figured that one navigation menu line might not be enough for some users, which is why I introduced the drop-downs (totally fit the five available color schemes). I also went forward and removed the one-line restriction, which means that the primary navigation menu could now be in two, three and four rows. Same applies to the blog title on the top left, a title of any possible length should fit well in there, making the whole header just bigger in height.
There’s also an Italian translation available, grazie molto a Gianni Diurno ;) and any other translations are welcome. Russian was done by me (of course), the .pot file is in the languages directory in the theme distribution.
Here’s a complete list of all the improvements from 1.3 to 1.4.1:
- Now with post formats!
- Header now fluid (vertically), fits long blog titles and many more navigation menus
- Minor admin UI and security fixes
- Minor changes in editor style
- Color picker has been widgetized
- SEO friendliness on homepage and singular pages
- The navigation menu has now drop-downs for sub menus
- Minor fixes for Firefox overflow bug
- Line height has been set to 1.5 em for better readability
- Italian translation has been added