A great tutorial on Querying Posts Without query_posts, by my friend and co-worker John James Jacoby. If you’re still using query_posts in your WordPress themes, this post will help you get rid of that bad habit ;)
Mark Jaquith launches WordPress Skeleton — a starter kit repository, for easier and faster WordPress applications deployment.
How to leverage the Theme Customizer in your own themes by Otto Wood, who is a WordPress core developer. Get your theme ready for 3.4!
- 23 Best jQuery Facebook Style Plugins
- Process XML in the browser using jQuery
- Dynamically Create Charts Using jQuery Flot and Google Analytics
- jQuery Sticky Tooltip Script
- Making a Cool Spotlight Effect with jQuery
- How To Create Simple, Stylish and Swappable Image Captions
- Creating a Simple Photo Tagging System
- Beautiful Slide Out Navigation: A CSS and jQuery Tutorial
- iPhone Scrolling Experience in Your Browser with jQuery Plugin
Whether you’re a WordPress expert, beginner or simply a blogger running WordPress, WordPress MU, BuddyPress or any others, here’s a little list of WordPress blogs that you should definitely follow (not mentioning the WordPress Development Blog and Matt Mullenweg’s Blog, and maybe #wordpress on Twitter, I assume you’re following them since your first ever WordPress installation ;). These include themes, development tutorials, plugins, SEO and publishing tips, customization techniques and much more. Ordered by my preference.
Over 15,000 subscribers, plugin and theme releases lists and news, WordPress video tutorials, code snippets and much more. Running around by the name of @weblogtooltips on Twitter. Here’s a quick list of some of their posts:
- Is PodPress Back?
- Using Conditional Statements In WordPress
- Which OpenSource CMS Has The Best Brand Strength?
- WordPress 2.8.5 Out The Door
- WordPress.com Becomes Mobile Friendly
With over 6,000 readers WpRecipes.com is one of my favourite blogs for “Daily recipes to cook with WordPress”, known as @catswhocode on Twitter. Here are some posts from WP Recipes:
- WordPress hack: Automatically insert author bio on each post
- Compress WordPress output and speed your blog’s load speed
- Display registered users comment count on your WordPress blog
- Automatically resize pictures on your WordPress blog
- WordPress tip: Create a Tweetmeme “Retweeet” shortcode
Sweet blog with tonnes of tips and tricks, WordPress events, also covering WordPress MU, BuddyPress and bbPress. @wptavern on Twitter.
- WordCamp NYC Tickets Now Available
- Introducing WordCamp 360
- WPChat – A New Hangout For WordPress Folks
- My Bid For Advanced Exporter Into Core
- Interview With The Fragtastic Ozh
If you’re a beginner in WordPress then you should definitely follow this blog. Very nice tutorials about customizing WordPress.
- How to Add a Digg Button in your WordPress using Custom Fields
- How to Display the Latest Sticky Posts in WordPress
- How to Display Random Posts in WordPress
- Create a Free Email Newsletter Service using WordPress
- Excellent Tutorials to Utilize the Power of WordPress and Facebook
For WordPress news, events. Not much tutorials here, but being up to date with what’s happening around WordPress is always a great idea. On Twitter: @lorelleonwp.
- WordCamp Portland Donates to WordCamp Seattle
- Old WordPress Versions Under Attack
- Summer Blog-b-que for Bloggers
- How to Report Abuse to WordPress.com
- WordCamp Videos Published from WordCamps Dallas and San Francisco
Hosted by Ryan Imel Theme Playground is definitely a must-follow blog for WordPress themes & plugins, reviews, code snippets and giveaways.
- Dan Cole and the Theme Options Plugin
- Tweem Giveaway: Winners Announced
- Why Haikus Matter
- Tweem Giveaway: 5 Copies for the Playground Readers
- Join the WPurls Beta
5000 readers of WordPress hacks enjoy blogging tips and tricks, wordpress guides, themes, plugins, frameworks and more! Known as @hackwordpress on Twitter.
- Elegant Themes Announces New Custom ePanel
- Free WordPress Theme Framework: Biblioteca
- Security Reminder: Upgrading Your WordPress Blogs
- Become an Awesome WordPress Theme Developer
- Separating Trackbacks from Comments in WordPress 2.7+
These guys haven’t got much readers – a few over a thousand, but the theme reviews they publish are so cool! Their latest “Theme Battle” series is awsome, plus they’ve got a list of nice WordPress resources every week. This is a must-subscribe, @themelab on Twitter.
- WordPress 2.8.5 Released
- Slidefolio WordPress Theme Review
- Newsworthy – Free WordPress Theme
- Are Free WordPress Themes Dead?
- Elegant Themes Releases New Theme Options Page
Everything you need to know about WordPress MU and BuddyPress. Installation tips, modifications, hacks, tricks and explenations. Here’s the latest:
- Featured posts plugin and widget
- Enabling wildcard subdomains
- Make a tags page like WordPress dot com
- WordCamp New York
- Option Arrays
That’s about it, some other less popular (or less fortunate ;) blogs you may find interesting are:
And of course if you’ve anything to add to this list, please share via comments.